My name is Julia Heslop and I am an artist and a writer. I am currently a postdoctoral research fellow in Architecture at Newcastle University. The potentials for deep participation in (re)creating the urban realm, and in particular housing, are at the centre of my research and practice. My practice often takes the form of large scale architectural installations in urban space and I often work in collaborative, slow ways with groups and communities. In so doing I use my practice to ask important questions regarding land and property ownership, housing precarity, urban planning and local democracy.
- RT @DwellbeingS: We’re currently in the process of registering as a Charitable Community Benefit Society - a cooperative which will be memb… 4 days ago
- Full list of MPs who voted to lower our #food standards during the #Covid_19 pandemic - many rurally based MPs here thelondoneconomic.com/news/full-list… 4 days ago
- @john_tomaney @DwellbeingS Just that it surprises me that the comparisons have been overlooked. 6 days ago
- @DwellbeingS Is this the first time Peterlee has been mentioned next to Iraq and Hong Kong? 6 days ago
- RT @DwellbeingS: This weekend we delivered nearly 100 more seed packets to more households in Shieldfield. We have families from Syria, Ira… 6 days ago