My name is Julia Heslop and I am an artist and a writer. I am currently a postdoctoral research fellow in Architecture at Newcastle University. The potentials for deep participation in (re)creating the urban realm, and in particular housing, are at the centre of my research and practice. My practice often takes the form of large scale architectural installations in urban space and I often work in collaborative, slow ways with groups and communities. In so doing I use my practice to ask important questions regarding land and property ownership, housing precarity, urban planning and local democracy.
- Powerful stats here on the concentration of ownership of farms. For a long time in the EU this has meant subsidies… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- RT @davidrhodesBBC: NEW: London sees the biggest % rise in government spending - new figures published by the Treasury show. Service exp… 1 week ago
- RT @DwellbeingS: The Shieling working group made up of residents / community members and is responsible for the public realm aspects of Dwe… 1 week ago
- RT @GuruNcl: Civil Society & Post-Pandemic Planning ft Simin Davoudi @OrmerodEmma Patsy Healy, Dave Webb, @profroseg Ruth Raynor @MarkShuc… 1 week ago
- @AlisonMerritS Absolutely. Have you ever watched the speech by Glenda Jackson at the death of Thatcher? youtu.be/XDtClJYJBj8 2 weeks ago