My name is Julia Heslop and I am an artist and writer based in Newcastle upon Tyne, UK. The potentials for deep participation in recreating the urban environment is the focus of my work. Previous writing has focused on gentrification processes in Newcastle upon Tyne, Communist and post-Communist architecture in Albania, Belarus and Russia and I am currently undertaking a PhD in Human Geography at Durham University which examines self build housing within conditions of austerity.
- RT @lydiacatterall: The Precariat is BACK! And as brutally honest, brilliantly informative and rightly provocative… instagram.com/p/BWzYrnAl4pq/ 3 days ago
- RT @poettrios: TONIGHT! in Newcastle ---> twitter.com/poettrios/stat… 4 days ago
- Discussing working between art+architecture on 25/7,1-2pm @LaingArtGallery part of @HattonGallery pavilion programme hattongallery.org.uk/whats-on/talk-… 4 days ago
- RT @HRuszczyk: 22 interpretations of urban @GeogDurham @_IHRR @BenAndersonGeog @ColinMcFarlane3 @harrietbulkeley @OrmerodEmma @JuliaHHeslop… 3 weeks ago
- #Albania sticks with status quo.Merkel congratulates @ediramaal. Same old... #ShqiperiaVendos ka nevoje #Jezwecan top-channel.tv/lajme/ 3 weeks ago